• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with conversion to the new Lightroom 9.3 catalogue

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Windows10Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.
I downloaded and installed the latest upgrade of Lightroom Classic. At the end I was informed that my catalogues also needed to be upgraded and I confirmed to do it to my main catalogue, named Nicol-2-2. I did not check that the catalogue looked OK, but I did notice that it was called Nicol-3 after the conversion. When I opened it last night I saw that I ended up with a catalogue that looks like it was one of some time (months, if not years) ago.
In my workflow when I import photos into Lightroom Clasic I put the imports into folders and collections with shoot names. The collections I put in in a collection set called "Images for development". When I start working on those images I either delete them from the folder and remove them from the collection if I do not want to keep them, or I will put them into another collection to use later, or if I want to keep them but do not know where to use them at that stage I'll leave the file in the folder, but remove it from the collection. When I have dealt with all the images in the collection and I have no more images left in the collection I delete the collection.
When I opened Lightroom last night I noticed that there are several collections in there that I have already dealt with and deleted over the last few months. I just closed it without making a backup as I wanted to rather deal with it the next day when I am fresh.
When I opened the catalogue this morning it was still showing the collections I previously deleted. I then opened the previous catalogue, Nicol-2-2 and did not get the prompt to convert it I expected, but the catalogue opened and looked up to date. I checked the Lightroom version and it was 9.3 release and Camera Raw 12.3, same as when I open Nicol-3. I also notice that Nicol-2-2 contains 16180 images and Nicol-3 15117.I am now quite concerned that I might have lost some of my work, although I superficially examined the catalogue Nicol-2-2 and it seemed up to date. But then I am concerned why I was not asked to convert it?
Can someone perhaps advise me what I should do? Virtually my whole life's photography is in that catalogue.

Nicol du Toit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicol-3 would not be the upgraded catalog. It is likely an old catalog. When the catalog upgrades, it adds -2 to the name. So Nicol-2-2 is most likely the catalog you want.

You were not asked to upgrade/convert it because Lightroom Classic 9.3 does not require an upgrade of catalogs that were working in Lightroom Classic 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicol-3 

Perhaps wrong catalog?

I was suspecting an old Lightroom 3 (Stand alone i.e. perpetusl) catalog, but the that would probably get updated and the name would be more like Nicol-3-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines