• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Edit in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use Lightroom Classic 10.1.1. I recently had some Mac problems, had to install a new OS and get a battery replaced. Since then something seems to have "broken" with the workflow of Edit in Photoshop, Save, edited photo saved as TIFF in Lightroom. Photoshop gives me an error on save saying Disk is full. But my disk isn't full. I think it must be trying to save it in the wrong place. Hoping for suggestions on how I can fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely that you need to update permissions in your System Preferences... go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > unlock with your system password > Add Lightroom to the list > Make sure the box is ticked. Do the same with Files and Folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have done the trick. I got the error again. I'll shut down and restart and hope that does it. But my gut says it's got something to do with how OS handles the hard drives now. I'm not good with tech, so I'll stop with my speculation.

When things are running perfectly and at default, where does Photoshop try to save/store the .TIFF edit when it returns it to Lightroom? Is there a way to check where Photoshop is trying to put that? I'm hoping if I can change that location I'll be set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your question... the edited .tiff is stored along side the original image. If you navigate there from your finder you will see it in the same folder. To find that folder within Lightroom > select and right click the image and choose Show in finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh...I think I found the problem. I'm deep in my catalog. I think that disk path actually is full. Not sure the best new path to assign, but I think I've spotted the problem. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the new OS probably left your old user account intact, and created a new one. A lot of stuff goes into the user account, much more than people are aware of, and it's the main reason for disks filling up. The problem is that the user account is a hidden folder by default, so you don't see it. You just see available space going down.

Generally, a standard configuration of operating system plus a range of applications should not take up much more than 100 GB or so. If it's significantly more, there's probably a lot of useless dead meat there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines