Problem with edit pins

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic CC and have the latest updates but I am having a problem with disappearing edit pins, whether I choose to show "Always" or "Auto."

A few symptoms:

1) when I go back to an image, say with the Brush, only the New option is available and the pins from the previous edit do NOT show. The Edit options is greyed out.

2) If I try to bypass the problem by simply trying an additional adjustment in the previously edited area, I get a grossly compounded result without any control over it.

I found one  emergency (and unsatisfactory) work-around: I try to make the supplemental adjustment using a different tool than before (e.g. radial filter instead of the brush). However, this does not work once all the tools have been used in the same image. The only remaining option is to move the image to another application (e.g. Photoshop, Topaz) and bring it back to Lightroom.

This is either a foftware flaw or there is an important setting that I have failed to identify :-((

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the brush is active, press the H key. That is the option to hide/show existing pins.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might have to hit H a couple times as it sounds like you have "Selected" chosen in the following drop down. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 1.35.49 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines