• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with import new photos from Synology NAS, get two similar folders in Lightroom

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to Classic 10.2, after importing photos from my Synology NAS into Lightroom, I get a new folder under a new \\SYN.... In the folders, it then says 2x \\SYN.... with the corresponding folder. So it will be the same photo, shown 2x in the same location in the same folder. The solution to create a fakemap does not help: when updating folder location, the folder remains in the 'second' location. I don't have the problem with upper or lower case or different folder names. The folder names are exactly the same, see printscreens.

Win10 PC 20H2.

Do you know a solution for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

This looks like the 'capitalisation problem'. The first NAS name is written with 'SYN', the second name is written with 'Syn'. See https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like the 'capitalisation problem'. The first NAS name is written with 'SYN', the second name is written with 'Syn'. See https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-displays-same-hard-drive-twice.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the 5 steps from the answer july 18 2018 and  the problem is solved. Thanks for the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines