Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with keywords in LR classic 2020

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, when I use the keyword 'dog'
I get all kinds of invalid keywords, zeehond, prairiehond etc. How do I prevent that?
Thanks in advance
Wim Bergsma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not clear ... what steps are you following in Lightroom such that searching for keyword "Dog" produces the wrong results? Please be specific and exact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dj_paige,

I go to collections and then I create a smart collection with the keyword "dog"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a better and infallible method to obtain photos with keyword Dog, that will not suffer from the appparent finding of incorrect photos that you are seeing.

Go to the Keyword List panel on the right side of the Library Module. Point your cursor at keyword Dog. At the far right is an arrow pointing right, click on that arrow to obtain only photos with keyword Dog. In the screen capture below, I am pointing the mouse cursor to keyword Guinea Pigs, to the right of the number 111 is the right pointing arrow you should click on.

2020-04-19 09_39_20-Greenshot.png

So let's consider the options. You can move your cursor to the left and click on a smart collection, and possibly get the wrong photos; or you can move your cursor to the right, and click on an arrow to the right of the keyword name, and get the exact right answers. The difference in time and effort involved is trivial; the difference in the results is noticeable, with moving your mouse to the right producing correct results every time. I think the best method is obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dj_paige,

Thanks for this tip to solve my 'problem'

Manny regards,

Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use synonyms for keywords? Have you imported from a pre-made list of keywords?

ScreenShot020.jpgScreenShot021.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello WobertC,

No, I don't use synonyms or an imported list.

As indicated in the replay of dj_paige I have a smart collection, with the keyword "dog"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the smart collection, use 'Keywords contains words hond'. If you use 'keywords contains', then images of a 'zeehond' or a 'prairiehond' will also be found, because those keywords do indeed contain 'hond'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines