• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Lightroom and macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Lightroom user - very experienced with Photoshop.

I am having huge problems trying to run Lightroom. I have adjusted the read/write facilites on the relevant folders as per the instructions, and have tried to run the Terminal Script. When it comes to putting in a password there is no ability to type in a password. 

Thank you in advanceScreenshot 2020-11-18 at 09.37.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you running that script?

Link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was recommended in the help section after all else failed (ie. read/write permissions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested that script:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html#Us... 

and it ran correctly on my computer. Note that when you type into the Terminal window, you won't get any visual indication of your typing (a little unfriendly, but that's how Terminal works).  Use your mouse to click on the key symbol after Password:, type your password, then hit Return.  Here's a screen recording showing how it worked for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv78y1kkuxloh5a/running-permissions-script.2020.11.20.mov?dl=0

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone. Problem sorted with Terminal script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines