Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with lightroom classic ? Pictures are getting darker

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

i'm writing today because since i'm using lightroom classic i realised something with my pictures.

So basically, i'm importing my pictures, then it's loading them, and i can see them in the little squares on the bottom of the software. They are "low light" pictures, and you can see how they are in the little square at the bottom (look n 292 and n293 on the right, red square) and as soon as i click on one of the pictures, it's making them darker, and reducing even more the exposition or i don't know what it's doing, but the pictures are not like they were appearing before i click on them. I did turned off the auto mode or something like that a long time ago, but i realise with every picture i take which is low light or dark, the LR Classic is making them even more darker.. 

lr1.png

so you can see how the view in the little square n291 is then when i click on it for the first time since i uploaded it :

lr2.png

and same ith n 292 .. :

lr3.png

so i don't know if it's coming from my camera or anything else than LR, but preview in my camera ( A7iii) looks the same as the first picture i posted ( normal lightning not darken) and same when pics are in my windows folder before i upload them in LR. And as soon as i put them in LRand click on them it's making them darker... So whats going on ?? Can someone help me, because i always have to play with exposition and other options after to get my pic better but the quality is reducing.

Thank you for the help

have a nice day

Thomas.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have 'Embedded & Sidecar' selected in the Import module. This displays the camera's embedded JPEG preview and the filmstrip will show a double-arrow icon. The first time you switch to the Develop module LrC will apply it's default settings, which may look quite different than the embedded preview. This is due to the in-camera settings you are using, which LrC can not read or apply.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/what-is-the-difference-between-minimal-previews-standard-previews-and...

Embedded and Sidecar Preview.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines