• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with new presets not showing and causing error to all presets

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have last LR classic version, updated today. I've imported a new set of presets, and in the develop module I can see the folder with the name of the presets but when I try to open de folder to see all the presets inside it doesn't work. Once I tryto do this I have problems with all the rest of presets folder, and no  one opens, and finally I can see no presets, is all this part in grey (I've attached picture). What can I do????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, JPEG or RAW file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the above fail.

Sounds like a canadate for resetting the preference file. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleating the preference file and then letting Lightroom Classic to recreate it.

The preference file can get corrupted, resulting in odd behavior. Some people have a knee jerk reaction in thinking they need to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom Classic, maybe that could be called for, but it would be better to first reset the preference file.

Be aware that resetting the preference file will result in Lightroom Classic creating a new catalog instead if opening your previously opened catalog (normally) so make sure you know where your catalog is. 

Be aware the resetting the preference file will revert some settings in Preferences to defaults. So be aware of what you have changed, so that you can put those back the way you want them.

some links:

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try and tell you what I get!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to remove the preferences doc. I go to the folder , put that document in the trash, but when I open the folder again is there. Nothing happens in LR and I have a new problem, none of my presets are working!!! I click on any of them and I can see a previzualizations, but it does not apply on file. I'm desperate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this with LrC CLOSED?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

Your screenshot shows that all of the panels are missing from the left-hand column of Develop (except Navigator):

johnrellis_1-1593745966461.png

Do the menu command Window > Panels > Presets. Do the same for the other missing panels:

johnrellis_0-1593745833541.png

If that doesn't help, then reset LR's preferences, as suggested by David:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This happens when I try to expand the folder containing the presets. At the beggining I can see all my presets and the new folder unexpanded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This happens when I try to expand the folder containing the presets. At the beggining I can see all my presets and the new folder unexpanded..."

Let us know what happens after you've reset LR's preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's impossible to remove the preferences doc. I go to the folder , put that document in the trash, but when I open the folder again is there."

I'm not sure which directions you're following to reset preferences, but you shouldn't be using Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer to try to delete the file. (On Mac, that won't work unless you reboot your computer.)

Follow these well-tested and clear directions for resetting preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've done what the link explains (manually), but when I open again the computer and Lightroom everything still remains the same (the preferences are there, the document). When I import the presets folder I can't expand it in LR. If I try to import the presets one by one I get a mistake missage saying this preset can not be imported. When I do it in my macbook nothing is wrong with these presets and work perfectly, whats worng with my lightroom in my computer??? I'm so desperate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Time to actually contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines