• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with preset drop-down menu Lightroom Classic 9.0

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! My Brixton and Luxe Lens presets dropdowns are not dropping down. I have Lr ClassicVersion 9.0 (released November 2019).  Any help would be most appreciated.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

The screenshots helps understand your context.  Just to double-check, are you clicking on the little black triangle to the left of a preset group? Clicking on the name itself (e.g. "B&W") does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"Has anyone seen a dropdown menu like this one where grayed-out items appear before a link?"

Those gray items are the names of the plugins that contain the commands that follow them:

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.02.42 PM.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As the preset menu is not opening, could you please share a screenshot of the preset panel? Also, have you tried resetting the presets again and see if that helps?

Does the default Lightroom presets open and work?

You may try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and see if that helps: 

1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom. 
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Screen Shot.JPG

Thank you for the welcome, Sahil.  Here is a screenshot of the presets.  The default presets do not drop down, either.  I did as you suggested, and overwrote the preferences and rebooted...the problem persists.  I have not yet tried resetting the presets.  I am unsure as to how to do that.  I do appreciate your kind help and patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Sahil's suggestion doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the entire LR window when this occurs -- screenshots often give valuable troubleshooting clues.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Screen Shot Full.JPG

Thank you, John.  Here is the complete window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John...I see that the image is quite small.  Please let me know if you'd like to see a larger version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots helps understand your context.  Just to double-check, are you clicking on the little black triangle to the left of a preset group? Clicking on the name itself (e.g. "B&W") does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.My.Goodness.  You solved the mystery!  I have been clicking on the name, not the triangle!  I thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you solved the problem. The Presets Panel could certainly be improved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving me a good excuse, John!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.43.00 PM 2.png

 Has anyone seen a dropdown menu like this one where grayed-out items appear before a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"Has anyone seen a dropdown menu like this one where grayed-out items appear before a link?"

Those gray items are the names of the plugins that contain the commands that follow them:

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.02.42 PM.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines