Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with renaming directories by Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.
I bought a new computer and moved all the photos from the old one (Lightroom) to an external drive. I installed the latest version of Lightroom for Mac on a new computer. Everything seemed ok, everything, including editing, went great until the moment when I renamed (Lightroom) the folder in which the photos were (I am renaming the processed directories so that I know what to return to). A question mark appears for the renamed directory in the directory list (Library module) and an exclamation mark appears for all photos in the renamed directory, stating that the photo cannot be found on the disk (even though the lightroom and the system face). Subsequently, it is no longer possible to rename the folder again, and even if I perform Find Missing Folder, it will not help anything ... You can remove the folder from the catalog and "import it" again (turn on parent directory synchronization). Even then, a question mark will remain next to the directory name ... It only helps to turn Lightlight off and on again, and then everything will be fixed ... Have any of you encountered such behavior? It should be noted that I used to run Lightroom on a Mac Mini with Catalina OS ... while today on a Macbook Pro M1 - Big Sur. Is it a question of that external drive (fast USB3) or a new operating system, ie launching Lightroom in Big Sur using Roseta?
Thanks Jarda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Importing again is 100% the wrong thing to do.

There are reports (on Mac computers only, as far as I know) of Lightroom Classic not being able to find folders that are actually in the right place with the right name, and the workaround appears to be shutting Lightroom Classic down and then restarting it. https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-can-t-find-nested-folders-after-i-rename-... (of course another workaround is to not rename folders)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines