• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with syncing images with a new computer (Lightroom Mobile > Lightroom Classic)

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is with syncing images between Lightroom Mobile (on iPhone) and Lightroom Classic on a new iMac which replaced my old iMac - this seems to have confused things.

For images that were synced on my old iMac I now get: "IMG_1234.JPG" could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it? message. I can't find a way to tell Lightroom to forget about the original file (it's gone with my old computer) and to download the original file on my new computer.

I've tried deleting all synced photos and starting again - but when I re-sync, I get the same result:

• If the photo was previously synced on my old iMac, it 'syncs' (see screenshot), but because the original file isn't there, and it won't download a new file, I'm stuck with a grey thumbnail.
  • New photos are fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

The problem you are having in LrC is because LrC can only sync to the Web based and the to the mobile system from One Catalog on ONE Computer. Even IF you Copy/Move your original Catalog, that was syncing fine, to some other computer that is where you start to have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you are having in LrC is because LrC can only sync to the Web based and the to the mobile system from One Catalog on ONE Computer. Even IF you Copy/Move your original Catalog, that was syncing fine, to some other computer that is where you start to have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see...

Since posting, I resolved the issue by manually downloading the missing files (outside of LrC) and using the 'find missing files' option. There was a few to do, so it was a bit of a chore - but soreted now.

Thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. Can I move the lrdata file to the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can, but make sure the lrdata files and lcat files are in a similar location on your new computer. For example, in my case:

• Old computer: lcat and lrdata files were all in the same folder [Macintosh HD > Users > Shared]
  • New computer: I just replcated the above.

This ensures that the links and references between the catalogue and data files aren't broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok great! Should I delete the ones that are there? for example I am moving Mobile Downloads.lrdata and also the Catalog-3 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. Can I move the lrdata file to the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines