Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with using LR Catalogue via NAS Server

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm trying to run a Lightroom Catalogue through NAS Server where a huge amount of photos lies there with my lightroom catalogue. When I try to run LR cat file through the NAS server, it says Lightroom catalogue can not open in a server. 

Is there any way around running my lightroom catalogue through NAS server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

No way round it. Lightroom Classic does not support the catalog being placed on any form of network server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way round it. Lightroom Classic does not support the catalog being placed on any form of network server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic requires the catalog file to be on an internal or external HD, not a NAS. I see @Ian Lyons has already said this, but it is worth repeating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add as a clarification, there is absolutely no requirement for a Catalog to be stored in the same location as the files which it references. It's not, even, necessarily desirable for it to be so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People above already answered the main question but to be more precise it is best, for performance reasons, to put catalog and preview files on your fastest local drive, then if you want the catalog to be saved on your NAS use an automatic daily (or what you want) sync between local catalog and the NAS (for ex with FreeFileSync tool on windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines