• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Exporting from Lightroom Classic on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past few days I haven't been able to export from Lightroom Classic. The progress bar shows and it sometimes exports 1 or 2 photos but then I get the spinning wheel of death and have to Force Quit the program. I've tried this several times and it's the same every time. It's not an issue of space on my external hard drive.

I'm working on a Macbook Pro operating OS Catalina. Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact NUMBER version of Lightroom are you using?

Check the security settings on the drive and the destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic while trying to export the images to an external drive.

You can add Lightroom Classic to the Accessibility list for macOS by going to the System Preferences, then Security and Pirvacy, then selecting the Privacy tab. Also grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under the files and Folders list, and under Full disk access. Once done, please restart the computer to check if that helps.

You can also try to reset the Preferences for Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Note: Please backup your presets, plug-ins, etc. before resetting the preferences.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 9.1, Catalina, can’t replicate that issue on this end. Probably need to run Disk First Aid etc, to make sure your drive is running properly. Could be a permissions or security issue but 9.1 does export multiple (I tried 7 images) just fine. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Just a normal export to your hard drive? As opposed to using a publishing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Test the hard drive you are exporting to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. As you could export a few I doubt if this is a solution, but

Outside if LRC bring up Catalinas System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select zorivscy, scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure LRC can access the hard drive (type) involved.

BF1DB471-F0CC-4004-AE98-DB8EF59C7EAE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have Catalina 10.15.2 + Lightoom 9.1. When I export from my external SSD (large drive where I store all my pictures) to my desktop projects folder internal SSD (smaller drive I use for projects) it hangs and requires Force Quit. However, if I move the first folder from external SSD to my internal SSD and THEN export to my desktop projects folder it works fine. Also, when I insert my SanDisk card into the card reader and try to export directly to the internal SSD it hangs. It seems to me that there's a problem exporting to and from external sources with this version of Mac and Lightooom.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI I went to Preferences - Preformance Tab -  Use Graphics Proc GPU to OFF which I saw solved in an another thread and it think it's fixed for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry, in your  plug-in's, do you have LogiOptions?

Known buggy plug-in, apparently can cause more problems than I for one originally knew about .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not have a LogiOptions ( I am starting to inquire about that before recommending the following)

Have you considered resetting the preferences file?

The preference file can get corrupted, resulting in odd behavior. Some people have a knee jerk reaction in thinking they need to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom Classic, maybe that could be called for, but it would be better to first reset the preference file.

Be aware that resetting the preference file will result in Lightroom Classic creating a new catalog instead if opening your previously opened catalog (normally) so make sure you know where your catalog is. 

Be aware the resetting the preference file will revert some settings in Preferences to defaults. So be aware of what you have changed, so that you can put those back the way you want them.

some links:

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines