• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Importing Images- Just "Hangs"

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update, whenever I try to import photos by copying or moving in the Import dialog screen, no importing takes place, the status bar just stalls. 

The only way to successfully import it is by moving the files to the folder I want them to, (in this case to my external drive).  

Working on OSx Catalina 10.15.4

Not sure how to fix the situation. 

Any help would be great. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CATALINA

So first up, standard statement/diagnostic

Outside of Lightroom, in the MACOS, on your MAC, bring up System Preferences. Select Security and Privacy, select Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic, and while you are at it, make sure all boxes are checked.

Might want to also scroll up to Photos, and make sure Lightroom Classic has rights to that folder if you use it.

9A8584B0-919C-4D13-BA35-FCA3DDF700E8.png

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Typically this is a user caused issue (failed to answer yes to a security pop up dialog from MACOS) tyically the Removable Volumes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thannks for the advice.  That was a good idea but the permissions were all given. (all boxes were checked.)

I didnt think of that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I do not agree with, or perhaps misunderstand the following, some people have tried this to success, and apparently some Adobe techs have advised such (not exactly frilled with some outsourced Adobe techs)

In that Privacy screen, note the Full Disk access, might try adding Lightroom Classic (not the case in my rig, and I have none of these issues, but, what if?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DESTINATION

Second possability, Destination incorrect, always double check over on the right, that the destination is cirrect, that it points to a currently existing folder/location. Buggy issue that LRC might not be reporting an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, That isnt a bad idea either but I the destinations are both there and exist. 

Thanks tho. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new update was 9.2.1 released on 14 April, then note that it included a bug fix for import. Occasionally, this can result in Lightroom preference file corruption. Therefore, it's worth checking whether resetting the Lightroom preference file helps. Instructions are provided in Method 1 of below linked document. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines