• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing presets. Different xmp types?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i got a problem with my folders for my presets. There must be some kind of "different xmp types". In image 2 you can see the folder structure on my pc. These folders are located in: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

So most of them are displayed, but 1.1 and 4 arent as you can see in Lightroom (picture 1). All the xmp of the missing folders are displayed under "Benutzervorgaben", which probably means User Presets in english. Can anyone explain, how to get all into their original folders? I already tried to "move" them, but they only move in Lightroom, not in the folder structure on windows.

1:image.png

2:image.png

3:image.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

"I already tried to "move" them, but they only move in Lightroom, not in the folder structure on windows."

LR calls the folders of presets displayed in the Presets panel "groups".  The group containing a preset is stored in the preset's .xmp file, and the on-disk folder structure is ignored.

To make a new group, create a dummy preset, and in the New Develop Preset window, click the Group dropdown and select New Group. Then you can drag presets into that group.  Finally, delete the dummy pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I already tried to "move" them, but they only move in Lightroom, not in the folder structure on windows."

LR calls the folders of presets displayed in the Presets panel "groups".  The group containing a preset is stored in the preset's .xmp file, and the on-disk folder structure is ignored.

To make a new group, create a dummy preset, and in the New Develop Preset window, click the Group dropdown and select New Group. Then you can drag presets into that group.  Finally, delete the dummy preset.

If you have dozens or hundreds of presets you want to reorganize into groups, you can use the free Fix Presets plugin. But it's inconvenient to use due to LR limitations, so if you have fewer than a 50 or so presets to reorganize, it will be faster to do it one-at-a-time in the Presets panel.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replay johnrellis. Ok i guess i understand now, but i tried to use your plugin, but it didnt work. Check the picture for the error message i got:

Haraldovic_0-1595848454677.png

It still got the same structure in in Lightroom as before. Any ideas what to do or change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Check the picture for the error message i got:"

Is that a third-party preset? The message is indicating that the .xmp file is in a non-standard format. Send that .xmp file to me in an email to the Fix Presets support email address.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i fixed it myself... these presets had no "group" in the xmp-file. Thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were they third-party presets or did you create them within LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines