• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems on Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some starting problem on this software: I have the following information :

"ERRORE IMPREVISTO DURANTE L'APERTURA DEL CATALOGO"

Impossibile aprire il catalogo a causa di un errore imprevisto"

I have only two options:

1) "Scegli un altro catalogo" ("Choose other catalog")

2) "Esci"  ("Exit")

If I change one of the catalogs suggested on the list, I have the same results.

Also choosing all catalog suggested in the list.

Now The software is stopped.

Don't restart anymore.

Can I have some helps from the community?

In Italian language should be better, if it is possible.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao Franco, dato che nessun catalogo viene aperto, hai provato a reinstallare LR?  Che versione di LR usi? In che versione è stato creato il catalogo originalmente?

Hi Franco, since no catalogue is opened, have you tried re-installing LR?  Which LR version are you running? on which version the catalog was created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao Umberto,

Grazie per la risposta.

Non ho ancora provato a reinstallare Lightroom.

Questo problema è presente anche con la versione 9.2 appena scaricata.

Ero riuscito ad individuare il file lrcat.lock ma dopo aver chiuso il programma ora è introvabile.

Penso che reinstallare Lightroom possa essere il primo step.

Cosa ne pensi?

Hallo Umberto,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

This problem is found also with the 9.2 version just updated.

I have not re-installed LR yet.

I found the "lrcat.lock" but, after closing the software, it is unfounded.

I think that the first step should be re-installing LR.

What about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il file .lock è un file vuoto temporaneo che LR usa per avvisare altri utenti o programmi che quel catalogo è in uso.  Ogni volta che apri un catalogo, LR crea il file nomecatalogo.lock e ogni volta che esci da LR, tale file viene automaticamente cancellato.  Questo file può rimanere erronamente presente nella cartella del catalogo quando, ad esempio, LR si blocca e devi "terminare il processo" per riprendere controllo del tuo pc, oppure devi fare un reset del PC tramite bottone di accensione, etc.  Non è di sicuro questo che ti crea problemi.

Prova a disinstallare LR, riavviare il PC e poi installare di nuovo LR attraverso l'app Adobe CC.

Se questo non dovesse funzionare, si potrebbe trattare di un catalogo corrotto.  Prova, come ti hanno già suggerito altri, di copiare un backup del catalogo (ce ne hai, vero?) abbastanza datata (prima della prima volta in cui hai riscontrato l'errore) e vedere se quel catalogo viene gestito correttamente da LR.  Facci sapere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ciao Umberto,

finalmente con la tua chiarissima spiegazione ho capito.

Non ho al momento reinstallato il programma anche perchè adesso LR si apre regolarmente e devo dire che la versione 9.2 è decisamente più veloce nel caricare sia il programma che le immagini.

Il tuo aiuto forse ha aiutato anche altri ad uscire da questo problema.

Grazie ancora per il tuo aiuto.

Hello Umberto,

after reading your extremely clear explanation, now I undestand.

At the moment I haven't re-installed the software yet, because now LR opens regulary and I verified that the 9.2 version is really faster to load the software and the pictures.

I noted that, your explanation could help some other people to exit by this problem.

Thanks a lot again for your kind help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem due to the "delete rejected photos" bug!

Just follow this guide https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm... : you should fix it

Italian: Prova a spostare il file .lock nella directory del tuo catalogo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@djpalmis, the error message he is experiencing is not that reported in your referenced page.  I assume it is not related to the issue you pointed out.  Before investigating the catalog for corruption, I would like to rule out that it is an error that occurred during the latest update of LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening a recent backup of your catalog file. COPY (not move) the backup (you might have to unzip it first) to a newly created empty folder, and see if it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god, this comment!!!! You saved my life (or at least my catalog and my workday). I was facing the exact same problem: Lr was making me wait too long, didn't load the catalog and so on. I uninstalled Lr 9.2 and installed the last one that was working for me, version 8.4.1 but still same problem. Uninstalled Adobe CC, Lr and restarted my iMac with Catalina 10.15.3 and installed everything again. Nothing worked until I tried this method so thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines