Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening catalog LR CC 10.2

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every second time I try to open LR it tells me that it cannot open the catalog and asks me to selcet another one.

I tried with the backups, to no avail.

Last time it happened, last week actually, I re-tried a day later and it worked, while I had done nothing.

I am clueless

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the entire error message?

What happens if you double-click on a Lightroom Catalog file using your operating system (Windows Explorer or Mac Finder)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again it now opens correctly, so I cannot tell you the eact wording of the error message. Sorry.

When double-clicking the catalog, I was receiving the error message concernning a catalog that could not open.

Next time it happens I'll take a screen capture and translate the message for you (my app is in French)

Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to the same opening problem.

Here is a screen capture. I'll translate for you.

In bold it says " Unexpected error at the opening ogf the catalog." then "Cannot open catalog because of an expected error" (kinda repeating...)

Button highlighted in blue says " Select another catalog", the second "Retry" then "Quit".

So that's what I have every seconday.

I pretty much know that if I try tomorrow it will open at first start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Capture d’écran, le 2021-03-27 à 15.18.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines