• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems synchronizing keywords

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've synchronized one of my Lightroom Classic Catalogs and decided to check online and to check via Lightroom. I've found that although the photos are synced, the keywords are not. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, keywording done in Lightroom Classic does not integrate with Lightroom for the cloud. Whether or not that changes in the future is something that I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, earlier images synchronized with the cloud do have keywords, just those synchronized recently have no keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's "accidental".

When you sync an image, LR uses the original file to bake a "smart preview" which it uploads. If you have previously saved metadata to the original (Metadata > Save Metadata),  keywords are saved into the original's xmp and will then be included in the smart preview when it is created. When that smart preview is received by Adobe's server, any keywords are read and imported into the cloud database. If you haven't saved metadata, the keywords won't get up to the cloud..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. For most of my images except the past couple of years, I had saved the metadata. OK. I made the correction in my catalo and have save the metadata for all the newer photos. Should this enable to keywords to now show up in the Cloud data, or must I re synchronize those files that had no keywords save in meta data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to unsync these photos, save the metadata, then sync them again.

I find this "workflow" such a pain that I regard Adobe's implemention  keywords in LrMobile as useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
AS do I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines