• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with colour and clarity when exporting to JPG

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone help me, i'm at my wits end with this recurring problem. When I export my edited images from lightroom the colours change massively, I have tried different attempts at resolving this and I just cant get the same picture after import. Also I have noticed that the clarity is greatly reduced after import. Looking at the image in lightroom it looks crisp clear and professional but when its exported it looks like a snap off a kids camera. Please can anyone help me solve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

1) Your issue may very well be due to a LR incompatible display profile being created by your Spyder 5 software. In my reply #10 I explain how to set its software preferences to create an ICC Version 2 profile. You should also select the option for creating a "Matrix" based profile and not "LUT" profile, which some people have had issues using with LR. I'm not sure where that option is in your Spyder 5 software.

2) Some people have also seen rendering issues with the LR Preferences GPU setting en

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addition to the above, the only way I can get the colours anywhere near is to use the camera calibration sliders and just use trial and error but there must be a better way, but then the clarity of the photo still is nothing like the original

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i couldnt get you.

I also having a problem like you. In simple wird,the color of my images was changed to bad(over saturated/ skin tone is red ir pink eventhough the original image in a camera is in correct skin tone). What we should do? My clients also dispointed about the color which lead to my frustration too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screen shots of the images and the export dialog window with the settings you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_20220911_121028.jpg

 

Screenshot_20220911_120957.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you, I'm just trying to find a way to do screen shots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right weve got there24_07_2017 10_01_28.jpeg24_07_2017 10_03_09.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can get them anywhere near is to drop the red saturation slider in the camera calibration tab, but there must be a way to get the colours exactly as I see them in lightroom.

my camera is set to Srgb, my monitor is Calibrated and Srgb, I'm exporting in Srgb. I spend days editing them and get them just as I like them, to export and they look awful.  many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there must be a way to get the colours exactly as I see them in lightroom.

The Windows Photos app is not color managed, and will never display exactly like Lightroom, which is color managed.

The increased saturation in non-color managed applications is typical for wide gamut monitors. I'm guessing that your monitor is wide gamut, in which case is absolutely necessary to only use color managed applications to view your photos.

The Windows Photo Viewer is AFAIK color managed on Windows 10, but you might have to do a search to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, so do I need to download another photo viewer or can I change the settings on the default windows 10 viewer. Yes I am using a wide gamut monitor 100% Srgb and 100% Adobe. Ive got to say all this colour stuff is well beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photos app (left in the screenshot you posted) is not color managed, and there is no setting to change that.

The Windows Photo Viewer is supposedly color managed (I'm on Windows 7, so can't verify it), and it should be installed on your computer, but you will need to search for it.

Adobe Bridge is color managed, and also the free Irfanview browser (you have to enable color management under Settings).

A very good paid alternative (my personal favorite) is ACDSee. The latest version (20) is color managed.

Try viewing your exported files in one of the programs mentioned above, and they should display the same as Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try Bridge, ive never really got on with Bridge, I just downloaded a free version of fast photo viewer but the images were the same as with the windows viewer, but I havnt gone into the settings and set to srgb etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Paul+Dennison  wrote

my camera is set to Srgb, my monitor is Calibrated and Srgb, I'm exporting in Srgb. I spend days editing them and get them just as I like them, to export and they look awful.  many thanks

What model monitor and calibrator are you using? Also is the monitor calibrator software preferences set to create ICC version 2 or version 4 profiles?  Both LR and Windows Photo Viewer have issues with version 4 monitor profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you. I am using a Spyder 5 and my monitor is a Dell Ultra sharp UP2716D.  ICC version i'm not sure, i'm not sure where I will find that information I have looked on the Spyder Utility thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Spyder software you need to go into the Advanced settings, click on ICC settings, and then select 'ICC Version 2.0.'

Advanced Monitor Calibration with Datacolor Spyder5 Elite -

It looks like you're using LR CC 2015, which means you also have PS and Adobe Bridge. Bridge is an excellent color managed photo viewer (hit spacebar for full-screen mode) that allows you to view and launch many different file types. You also can simply use LR as your viewer (F key for Full Screen mode). This means you need to select 'Add To This Catalog' in the Export module, which I always do anyhow. I also suggest downloading FireFox browser, which is fully color managed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will look into these. So do we definitely think I am just viewing the exported files wrong rather than actually exporting the files wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FastStone viewer claims to be color managed, but isn't - it doesn't use the monitor profile, which is required for color management.

Try Irfanview instead.

There is nothing wrong with your export settings.

But since you have a wide gamut monitor, you must use color managed programs only to view your images.

Unfortunately, nobody tells you this when you buy the monitor. Back in 2008, I bought a Dell wide gamut monitor, and like you, I couldn't figure out what was going on. But since I had calibrated it with a hardware calibrator, I decided to trust Lightroom, and to ignore the over saturation in other programs.

Now I know little bit more about color management, and use only color managed programs on my wide gamut monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per I will try that now. And thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use XnViewMP viewer. It's fully Color Managed and has some very useful tools like lossless rotation. Make sure the below settings are checked in the XnViewMP menu Tools>Settings> General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neutral seems to be the best but there just seems to be an excess of red. I have tried reducing the red on the camera profile sliders and this seems to be better but then some red items seem a little washed out Thank you I have tried the ones that other people on here have suggested, they all come back the same. It seems like there is too much red when exported to jpg. I have tried different camera profiles. I don't know because I am lost with all this colour stuff, but I feel like its the actual exporting that is the trouble not the actual viewing afterwards. I know I did a wedding a bit back and the images from the lab came back very orange even though I had passed them, to my taste in lightroom, yes the worst shots were indoors in a country house and there was an orange tint in lightroom but the jpgs were very orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I seemed to loose the first part of the above message. I just feel like the problem is in the exporting because I have tried the various viewers that people have suggested and they all just look the same. I have tried different camera profiles and neutral seems to be the best but there just seems to be an excess of red. I have tried reducing the red on the camera profile sliders and this seems to be better but then some red items seem a little washed out Thank you I have tried the ones that other people on here have suggested, they all come back the same. It seems like there is too much red when exported to jpg. I have tried different camera profiles. I don't know because I am lost with all this colour stuff, but I feel like its the actual exporting that is the trouble not the actual viewing afterwards. I know I did a wedding a bit back and the images from the lab came back very orange even though I had passed them, to my taste in lightroom, yes the worst shots were indoors in a country house and there was an orange tint in lightroom but the jpgs were very orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you everyone for spending the time to try and help.  I have been up all night trying to sort this out as I have just finished a wedding post editing and I wanted it to be right.  I have tried loads of different methods through the night. I have downloaded about 4 different viewers and they all show the images as too red, ive tried all the different camera profiles and they're the same in varying degrees. The only way I have found that seems to work which seems to give good consistant colours with the exported jpgs, is to do my post production with the monitor set at 6500k, then export the files to jpg, then to view the images and generally do normal computer stuff, switch the monitor back to sRGB, this seems to give good results and seems virtually identical to how I edited the files in lightroom. If necessary I could live with this but I just wondered if that sparked an idea with anyone as to why I cant just see the files the same in lightroom and exported jpg.When I go back to lightroom the images look washed out and I would never have processed them that way but by processing them at 6500k it produces roughly how I would want them to look as jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Your issue may very well be due to a LR incompatible display profile being created by your Spyder 5 software. In my reply #10 I explain how to set its software preferences to create an ICC Version 2 profile. You should also select the option for creating a "Matrix" based profile and not "LUT" profile, which some people have had issues using with LR. I'm not sure where that option is in your Spyder 5 software.

2) Some people have also seen rendering issues with the LR Preferences GPU setting enabled. What LR version are you using? Go LR Help> About and tell us the 'Release' number.

SUGGESTION (Try this first!)

Before attempting any further changes to your Spyder calibration run a quick test on the display profile. At the below link it outlines how to manually change the display profile. You have a wide gamut display, which is near 100% Adobe RGB 1998 gamut. Instead of the sRGB profile mentioned you should select and assign the Adobe RGB 1998 colror profile.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

After this has been completed you will need to close and then restart LR to load the newly assigned display profile. Next try editing an image with the new profile, export to sRGB profile JPEG file, and see how it appears in other color-managed applications (PS, Bridge, InfranView).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Paul+Dennison  wrote

I have downloaded about 4 different viewers and they all show the images as too red, ive tried all the different camera profiles and they're the same in varying degrees.

Most of these viewer applications require manually setting their Preferences or Options menu to use the display profile. The default install setting is to use NO display profile, which causes the excessive Red saturation you are seeing with a wide gamut monitor. Setting it manually to sRGB also "fixes" the issue because these applications by default output an sRGB profile image to the display pipeline. Setting the viewer to use the monitor profile is a better solution!

For InfranView you need to also download and install the plugins package as outlined here:

IrfanView PlugIns

Next launch InfranView and go to menu Options> Properties/Settings> Zoom/Color Management and make the below changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trshaner...i can't thank you enough..im out working at the moment but I'm going to print off what you have said and try this. I will let you know how I go on..but thank you for spending so much time trying to help me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines