• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with latest 10.1 Lightroom Classic upgrade

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Lightroom upgrade 10.1, the spinning wheel appears when trying to crop a picture and  the whole Lightroom program freezes.

It is not possible to close the program , the only way is to turn off the whole Mac. I have tried various suggestions on the web but NOTHING works, I must have shut down the whole computer at least 6 times. 

Something is terribly wrong with this update.

URGENT SOLUTION NEEDED

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Download & Install forum for you, where you are more likely to find an answer for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved to Lightroom Classic.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you every find a solution? I am having the same problem and I can't find your forum since they moved it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes, I am the least technical person ever, but I saw an answer from an Adobe technician that suggested uninstalling the Lightroom 10.1 and instead install the 9.4 Lightroom, via the Icloud. It was easy snd phew !!! Everything is back to normal and works a treat. Good Luck with yours

Best Wishes

Vibeke

Vibeke Dahl
www.dahlphotography.com
+44(0) 208 876 8113

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you get me answer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your kind help.

I have now installed Lightroom 10, preventing further automatic updates, so all is well now. But it is extremely tiresome to have to deal withese problems 😞

No more updates for me in the future !

Question : Is it safe for me to delete off the computer all the old lightroom catyalogues not in use ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question : Is it safe for me to delete off the computer all the old lightroom catyalogues not in use ?

Gosh, I hate this question. We here across the internet cannot possibly know what is in those catalogs. YOU, sitting right there at your computer, do know (or can look at) what is in those catalogs and make that decision of whether you need it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again so much. I am the most untechnical person ever, but learning all the time.

All my best wishes 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off GPU worked for me. But i will downgrade anyway... Mine freezes and need to restart the system. iMac 27 2015.

Lightroom > Preferences > Perfomance > Turn OFF "Use Graphic Processor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had crashes too and turned off GPU accel. and it seems to have worked!  30 min with no freeze!!  It was on Auto -- I had it off before and don't remember an Auto before -- thought it was just on-off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines