Problems with Lightroom Classic since upgrade to 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was upgraded to Lightroom Classic 10.00 automatically - Oh dear. I'm running Mojave 10.14.6, daren't upgrade yet to Cataline for fear of more problems. Since the upgrade a few days ago I've had several crashes. Then other problems with collections, essential because I want to use the Book module in a hurry.

When trying to transfer images from the file to a collection I get this message 'An internal error has occurred ?0 attempt to compare two nil values.'

From the forum, it sounds as though this is a bug and I'll have to wait until Adobe fix it.

What about the crashes?

It really is very frustrating - when will these problems be put right. 

Thanks,

KateW

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably best for you to re-install Lightroom Classic 9.4.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several members have posted this problem (or similar)

Highly recommend that you post your problem over at the official Adobe Feedback site where actual Adobe Techs reply. They need to be aware of this.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/search?conversationType=POST&conversationTypes=all&date...

After you post it at the feedback site, return to this discussion and in a reply post a link to it. That may help others.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in this discussion, and in the feedback problem (if you post) include your sys info. Following my SOP for that

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1603732903149.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1603732903158.png

GoldingD_2-1603732903158.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When trying to transfer images from the file to a collection I get this message 'An internal error has occurred ?0 attempt to compare two nil values.'"

You've tripped over a known bug in LR 10:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-... 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

As a workaround, select the collection in the Collections panel and do View > Sort to change its sort order to something other than Custom Order.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines