• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a severe problem running Lightroom Classic. When I open a catalog and go into Develop module the response to changes is really slow, the most trivial change is accompanied by the swirling icon, and several seconds can go by before the change is implemented. What is worse, eventually everything will lock up completely so I have to manually reboot the computer. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave, 64 gigs of ram. I recently moved my files, including the picture files and catalogs that I work on to an OWC Raid 1 system.  I deleted and reinstalled Lightroom but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people are experiencing problems with LR 10.0, 10.1, and 10.1.1 on all versions of Mac OS. Adobe has acknowledged these issues, and we can hope that 10.2 will fix them.  LR usually releases every two months, and 10.1 came out on 12/8, so we might expect 10.2 the first week of February.  However, 10.1.1 was an unusual "patch" release to fix a cloud-sync problem, so the regular schedule might have shifted (Adobe rarely lets us know ahead of time).

There may be multiple issues going on, so different workarounds have worked for some people:

- Set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

- If you have a custom color profile assigned to your display from a calibrator or running System Preferences > Displays > Color > Calibrate, set the display profile to Color LCD (for a Retina display), Adobe RGB (for a wide-gamut display), or sRGB (for a traditional display).

- Roll back to 10.0 (easy):

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/ 

- Roll back to 9.4 (hard, ask for details if you get this desperate).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Ellis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I more or less went down your list of suggestions. I turned off the graphics processor (should I turn it back on at a later date?) and changed the color space to Adobe RGB. I fired up Lightroom Classic and, at least so far, it seems to be working as usual. If problems arise again I will roll back to 10.0, which I know didn't have a problem. 

thanks

Al Stiegman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnrellis, 

thank you so much. I'm expieriencing the same problem as Albert on my Mac pro 5.1 running Mojave. 

In my case, it's only the libairy module that is extremely slow : 5 to 10 sec to set a color label. 

• The graphic processor use isn't in question. 

• But it was my custom monitor color profile generated from a datacolor spyder 5 slowing things down.

Going back to a generic sRGB profile fixed the issue.

My question is : how do i work with inacurrate colors now? Is there a solution to gt around the problem?

Thanks

Francois 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I turned off the graphics processor (should I turn it back on at a later date?) and changed the color space to Adobe RGB. I fired up Lightroom Classic and, at least so far, it seems to be working as usual. If problems arise again I will roll back to 10.0, which I know didn't have a problem."

The graphics processor is generally only useful for 4K displays and larger. After the next release of LR, you can try turning it back on to see if it makes a difference.

Regarding the display profile: It sounds like you haven't calibrated your display with a calibrator (e.g. the Spyder?).  If not, I suggest setting the display profile to what it was previously and see if the LR still operates normally. 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"But it was my custom monitor color profile generated from a datacolor spyder 5 slowing things down.

Going back to a generic sRGB profile fixed the issue. My question is : how do i work with inacurrate colors now? Is there a solution to gt around the problem?"

Options:

- Use a built-in profile that's closest to your display's color gamut (Color LCD for Retina displays, Adobe RGB for wide-gamut displays, sRGB for traditional displays).  You'll get inaccurate color display to the degree that your display diverges from the built-in profile.

- Recalibrate with your Spyder.  A few have reported that helps, others not.

- Roll back to LR 9.4, which can be painful and only feasible if you retained the old version of your LR 9 catalog after you updated to LR 10.  You'll be able to retain edits and metadata you've applied to photos, but you'll have to reimport photos you imported into LR 10, and you'll lose changes to collections (including smart collections, published collections, and books), stacking, and some other stuff I probably can't remember right now.

See this bug report, which Adobe has acknowledged and is working on:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-slow-ui-when-using-...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. You'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines