• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with On1 as a Plugin in Lightroom with Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On1 when used as a Lightroom Classic plugin is no longer able to save the edits into the Lightroom catalog.

When I go to use say On1 portraits (or any of the other On1 Plugins such as Effects) selecting PLugins under the File Menu and Plugin Extras, the photo is editable in On1.  However, when I am done with the edits and want to save the file back to the Lightroom Catalog by clicking on Done as I did in the past, I get this error message:  

The photo photoname.psd could not be saved because of error 1. Try saving to a different location.

I can export the photo but cannot access the photo in the lightroom catalog unless I manually import it--in which event the photo is not associated with the source version.  Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thought is cyber security. This thought brought on by the word Catalina. Catalina has increased protection from  Applications. It may be that prompt was ignored or misread or answered incorrectly, resulting in a right not being applied. Easily fixed.

On your MAC, bring up it's System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to File and Folders,

Normaly, I would direct you to the settings for Lightroom Classic, and while you are at it for Photoshop. In this case I am adding ON1.

Forbthise apps, make sure all boxes are checked.

656705A5-C0EB-462D-92BF-4C4F9EE9D648.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines