Highlighted

Process update seems to cause trouble with older (2014) imported dng files

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY RESOLVED - Can't withdraw the post but a crash of my iMac and subsequent restart seems to have resolved the problem - weird as I have not done much prior to checking for the particular photo and had only 2 windows open at the time.

I wanted to revisit an older shot from 2014 which I converted on import into dng. I think it was on process version 3. The picture looks fine, but as soon as I move any slider (showing the current configuration incl dehaze/texture) the image turns into some white/green totally overexposed almost mosaic-style funky mode. I tried to update to process 4 first, but that didn't work. Are my images lost for further processing? I tried different pictures in that older catalog (which is updated). I have attached a sample file in PV3 and the screenshot of what I get not updating process version just moving a slider. I acutally get an error message now and can't post the sample file - it tells me that the attached file (dng) does not match it's extension .... I have attached the error message in addition. 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Process update seems to cause trouble with older (2014) imported dng files

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY RESOLVED - Can't withdraw the post but a crash of my iMac and subsequent restart seems to have resolved the problem - weird as I have not done much prior to checking for the particular photo and had only 2 windows open at the time.

I wanted to revisit an older shot from 2014 which I converted on import into dng. I think it was on process version 3. The picture looks fine, but as soon as I move any slider (showing the current configuration incl dehaze/texture) the image turns into some white/green totally overexposed almost mosaic-style funky mode. I tried to update to process 4 first, but that didn't work. Are my images lost for further processing? I tried different pictures in that older catalog (which is updated). I have attached a sample file in PV3 and the screenshot of what I get not updating process version just moving a slider. I acutally get an error message now and can't post the sample file - it tells me that the attached file (dng) does not match it's extension .... I have attached the error message in addition. 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?