• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

profile missing for dng?

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started shooting with a DJI Mini 2, which can do RAW.  However, when I import into LR using my normal preset, it says 'profile missing' under the calibration section.  If I go to the dropdown, I can select 'color', but the adobe color profile (and others) are nowhere to be found.  They are there when I import RAWs from my other cameras.  BTW, this image from the DJI is a DNG.  Not sure if that has something to do with it?

Screenshot 2021-01-02 170323.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

When I import your sample DNG, I see the same options for Profile that I see for the sample I downloaded from dpreview.com:

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 11.50.02 PM.png

That threw me for a loop, but a little googling educated me: Adobe doesn't make "Adobe XXX" profiles for DJI cameras, so LR and Camera Raw use the profile that DJI embeds in the DNG (that's the "Color" profile). See the long discussion in this thread:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/dng-still-image-not-treated-as-a-raw-file.34879/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.  Maybe the camera for the Mini 2 isn't supported yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached link shows Adobe's RAW file supported cameras. I do not see the DJI listed, but keep in mind this is routinely updated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.htmldoes not list any DJI , it may be that DJI used another companies camera, Hasabald comes to mind.

Any literature on that?

If you look at a photos metadata, what camera id listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at the import options for the DJI, it shows FC7303 as the camera model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so my reply is a dead end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a sample DJI Mavic Mini 2 DNG from dpreview.com and don't observe that behavior. Upload a problem DNG to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, and we can see if this issue happens on other LR installations and perhaps identify the problem.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's a DNG shot from today.

https://fil.email/wD0nPfaH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

When I import your sample DNG, I see the same options for Profile that I see for the sample I downloaded from dpreview.com:

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 11.50.02 PM.png

That threw me for a loop, but a little googling educated me: Adobe doesn't make "Adobe XXX" profiles for DJI cameras, so LR and Camera Raw use the profile that DJI embeds in the DNG (that's the "Color" profile). See the long discussion in this thread:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/dng-still-image-not-treated-as-a-raw-file.34879/ 

And in case other readers are wondering, this DNG really does contain raw data, not RGB data, as confirmed by the Metadata > DNG tagset:

Untitled2.png

Evidently you got the "Profile missing" error because you applied a preset on import that tried to apply the Adobe Standard profile (or a profile based on Adobe Standard, such as Adobe Color or Adobe Landscape).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that explains it!  Thanks for that info.  I do have my import preset configured to default to Adobe Color.  So I guess I am just stuck using the "color" profile.  That's a shame because I do like Adobe Color, but I guess it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines