Highlighted

Profiles go missing when using Topaz DeNoise 2.0, Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The moment I select Photo/Edit in Topaz DeNoise, the regular stored camera profiles (Adobe RGB, etc, and more importantly, my custom camera profiles see attached snippets) disappear. In the LR Basic menu, these are replaced with a few generic profiles. I created a copy of the original image when starting Topaz DeNoise, so there's a two image stack, one TIF and one DNG. The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to? I need to continue editing the image with the camera-specific color-calibration profiles.

2. How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison. When performing DeNoise processing, both the CPU and Intel GPU are pegged at 100%.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the results of using Topaz with Lightroom both! Great products...

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Todd Shaner | Adobe Community Professional

"The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to?"

Camera profiles are only available when editing raw files. TIFF and JPEG files have the External Editing Preference setting applied or when exporting the 'Color Space' setting applied is applied. The color space profile is embedded.

"How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison."

In LR go to the Help menu and click on System Info. Copy and paste it in a reply here.

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Profiles go missing when using Topaz DeNoise 2.0, Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The moment I select Photo/Edit in Topaz DeNoise, the regular stored camera profiles (Adobe RGB, etc, and more importantly, my custom camera profiles see attached snippets) disappear. In the LR Basic menu, these are replaced with a few generic profiles. I created a copy of the original image when starting Topaz DeNoise, so there's a two image stack, one TIF and one DNG. The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to? I need to continue editing the image with the camera-specific color-calibration profiles.

2. How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison. When performing DeNoise processing, both the CPU and Intel GPU are pegged at 100%.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the results of using Topaz with Lightroom both! Great products...

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Todd Shaner | Adobe Community Professional

"The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to?"

Camera profiles are only available when editing raw files. TIFF and JPEG files have the External Editing Preference setting applied or when exporting the 'Color Space' setting applied is applied. The color space profile is embedded.

"How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison."

In LR go to the Help menu and click on System Info. Copy and paste it in a reply here.

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed reply! I enabled the AMD Radeon GPU in the Windows/Display/Advanced settings, in which one can select specific applications and assign the preferred GPU...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you resolved the issue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 0