Highlighted

Proof info incorrect. How to change?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I create a soft proof, the name of the first color profile gets attached to the file name in the info overlay. But when i change the profile, the name stays the same. It's really annoying because I get confused as to which color space the image is actuall in and have to look in the dropdown instead of on the image overlay or in the grid view when you roll over. Is there a way to change the info panel?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proof info incorrect. How to change?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I create a soft proof, the name of the first color profile gets attached to the file name in the info overlay. But when i change the profile, the name stays the same. It's really annoying because I get confused as to which color space the image is actuall in and have to look in the dropdown instead of on the image overlay or in the grid view when you roll over. Is there a way to change the info panel?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

When you click Create Proof Copy, it makes a virtual copy of the master with the current proof profile and intent. The Copy Name of the virtual copy has the form profile, intent. For example:

johnrellis_0-1589777558670.png

By default, the Copy Name field is shown after the File Name in the first line of the Loupe Info overlay:

johnrellis_2-1589777786819.png

What gets displayed on that first line is controlled by View > View Options > Loupe View:

johnrellis_1-1589777727665.png

The Loupe Info overlay is not showing you the current profile and intent of Soft Proofing -- it is showing you the Copy Name of the current virtual copy, which happened to be set by Create Proof Copy to be profile, intent.

I can see how this can be confusing.  Perhaps the best way to avoid confusion is to, after clicking Create Proof Copy, click the left-arrow key to go back to the master before changing the proof Profile. Then you won't be viewing the Copy Name of the virtual copy created by Create Proof Copy.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. so you're saying then, once the name is attached, there's no way to change it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"once the name is attached, there's no way to change it?"

You can manually change the Copy Name of a virtual copy to anything you want via the Metadata panel in Library (see the screenshot in my previous post).  But instead of changing the name, I recommend going back to the master in Develop, changing the proof profile, and clicking Create Proof Copy to create a new virtual copy with the new profile. It will have the newly selected profile in its Copy Name.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0