Highlighted

Propagate keywords to photos with same name

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When I first started shooting RAW, back in 2010'ish, I edited all my photos in Photoshop and saved the jpgs into a separate folder. Being forced to stay indoor most of the time these days, I wanted to do some clean-up in my archive and would like to merge the raw- and jpg-folder. Only the jpg-files have keywords. I found a way to auto-stack images based on time-stamp. Is there a way to "automagically" propagate the keywords in the jpg-file to the corresponding raw-file, or do I have to copy-paste all the information manually? If the latter is the case, I know what I'll be doing the next couple of weeks...

Best regards

Stig M. Thu

smtphoto.com

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ian Lyons | Adobe Community Professional

What you're after isn't available within Lightroom's own toolset. However, there are various third party plugins that might do what you're intending. For example, Syncomatic by John Beardsworth is worth checking out http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/syncomatic/

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Propagate keywords to photos with same name

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

When I first started shooting RAW, back in 2010'ish, I edited all my photos in Photoshop and saved the jpgs into a separate folder. Being forced to stay indoor most of the time these days, I wanted to do some clean-up in my archive and would like to merge the raw- and jpg-folder. Only the jpg-files have keywords. I found a way to auto-stack images based on time-stamp. Is there a way to "automagically" propagate the keywords in the jpg-file to the corresponding raw-file, or do I have to copy-paste all the information manually? If the latter is the case, I know what I'll be doing the next couple of weeks...

Best regards

Stig M. Thu

smtphoto.com

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ian Lyons | Adobe Community Professional

What you're after isn't available within Lightroom's own toolset. However, there are various third party plugins that might do what you're intending. For example, Syncomatic by John Beardsworth is worth checking out http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/syncomatic/

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 2
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I'll check it out and see if it'll do the trick 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
SMTPhoto LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

That's the most usefool tip I've gotten for as long as I can remember! I downloaded it and gave it a test-run and it does exactly what I'm looking for. Well worth the money. I can't believe I haven't heard of this before. Thank you very much, once again 🙂

Best regards

Stig M. Thu

smtphoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0