• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proper workflow Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, Lightroom iPad/iphone

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I was only getting smart previews on my ipad if I didn't import the raw on my ipad, I found that installing Lightroom CC on my desktop can help.

However, even reading and searching I'm still unsure the proper workflow so that Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC and iPad/iphone will all have the original file (not smart previews), with LR Classic edits and Photoshop edits.  

So far I imported into Lightroom Classic and edited in Photoshop.  The file synced only smart previews to Lightroom CC and ipad/iphone.  If I dragged the file from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC, now the PSD file is syncing, SOMETIMES.  There is one PSD I was pretty sure I dragged from Classic to CC and imported it in CC, but its only a Smart Preview.  I'm going to do that again and see what happens.

So, is there a straightforward sequence?  Do I import to LR CC and let it sync to Classic and then in Classic do my edits and Edit in Photoshop and thus the cloud and all places will have the original file vs smart preview?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some information to consider when planning your workflow.

LrC “classic” must have local access to original image files. When syncing images from classic smart previews will be uploaded to the cloud storage and will be available to a computer with Lr (cloud-based) app and your mobile devices.

Lt (cloud-based) and Lr Mobile will all upload original image files to your cloud storage. Copies of these image files will sync to your computer with LrC. There is an option to control what files remain on your other apps. It is controlled from the settings you choose on those apps. See the screen capture.

Info including two free books available at the link.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com

37FCC9A7-2D43-4CEF-BF6E-A9EAE4E31F51.jpeg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines