ProPhoto RGB photo on ordinary monitor

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic og PhotoShop for editing. I have a Samsung monitor connected to my computer, not an expensive monitor. wonder how I can benefit from using ProPhoto RGB or Adobe RGB, if my monitor uses a smaller color space corresponding to approx. sRGB.

Ole Thyge Plannthin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not using ProPhotoRGB to benefit from it on your monitor. There is no monitor in the world that can display ProPhotoRGB. There reason to use it is so you do not lose any colors when you edit the image. Colors you may not be able to see on your monitor perhaps, but that may contribute to a better quality print, for example.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are concerned about the quality of the colors you are seeing so a couple of suggestions:

• Calibrate your monitor. This will show you the coverage you currently have.
  • Buy a good monitor. I use an ASUS ProArt PA249 as my main monitor. This is calibrate with a Spyder X. One interesting thing is that the changes between calbrated vs uncalibrated images is very little. I also have a cheap ACER secondary monitor which does benefit from calbration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines