Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protecting LR Template?

Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of any solutions/ideas to protect an LR template (preset) from being copied?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you want it applyable by Lightroom, but if a plugin is the only thing that can apply it, then it could be made uncopyable using ordinary software keying techniques.

i.e. user must have a key and the software (plugin) to apply the preset (if the key is valid).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the preset is applied to an image (even by plugin), you can still create a new preset out of it. 

Why are you so afraid of copying?  The world is full of free presets already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point - you'd only be keeping already honest people honest that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, well mainly that several people have inquired about creating plugins / presets that they would sell (hence the copy protection), and integrate into the LR ui. I figure I'd ask as in the long run it would be nice for bigger players (eg. alienskin's / red giant's / nik's of the world, etc.) to integrate their stuff directly into the UI versus having a separate UI, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want their stuff copy-able

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines