Highlighted

Proxies

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

While searching for some  *.mp4 files, I happened across many of them stored in subfolders under:

c:\users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\cryptic path\proxies\720p.

Does anyone know what these mp4 files may be? Are they duplicates? I certainly didn't store them there.

Also, I've already purged my video cache.

Mark

Topics

FAQ, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proxies

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

While searching for some  *.mp4 files, I happened across many of them stored in subfolders under:

c:\users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\cryptic path\proxies\720p.

Does anyone know what these mp4 files may be? Are they duplicates? I certainly didn't store them there.

Also, I've already purged my video cache.

Mark

Topics

FAQ, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only guess that you have-

Lightroom (v3.4 Cloud based) installed, or Lr on Mobile devices.

You have videos imported to Lr (either from the desktop PC or from a mobile device)

The {...\Data\....\proxies} folder I suggest contains small 'Smart Previews' of your Cloud stored files (including .mp4). Smart Preview files allow you to view/edit files if the computer is off-line.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0