PSE8 Catalog Import fails

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import a PSE8 catalog into LRC (new install - all updated).  The import fails immediately on starting the third step and I get an error message "Lightroom could not import this catalog because of an unknown error".  I feel like I'm missing something basic. 

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you original photos & PSE8 catalog stored? Are you using 'Import a Photoshop Elements Catalog" under File? Here is Adobe's article if you haven't seen it yet: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/elements-upgrade-creative-cloud-photography.html

Which platform are you running Lightroom on Windows or Mac?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  I am attempting importing via file/import a Photoshop Elements Catalog.

The catalog is on the same system that is running LRC.  The photos are on a Western Digital attached drive.

This is a Windows system.

Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines