• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish error - WPLR Sync

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a plugin wich syncs Lightroom to WordPress. (WPLR Sync) 
I wanted to upload a folder over the Lightroom plugin, but I get the error "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred: wplr.lrpugin/WPLRSyncExportServiceProvider.lua:66 4: attempt to compare number with nil" https://snipboard.io/vJYez4.jpg

I tried these steps already
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/errors-occur-using-lightrooms-publish.html

I don't upload often to my blog but 4 months ago it still worked. I have changed nothing but kept all versions of the software up to date on my mac and WordPress installation. 

Any other ideas on what I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred: wplr.lrpugin/WPLRSyncExportServiceProvider.lua:66 4: attempt to compare number with nil"

Your screenshot shows the collection you're trying to publish is currently sorted by Custom Order. LR 10.0 introduced a bug with custom-order collections that was fixed in a later version.  So double-check which version of LR you're running by doing the menu command Help > System Info.  If you don't have 10.3, do Help > Updates.

If the problem still occurs with 10.3, select the collection in the Publish Services panel and do View > Sort > Capture Time.  Then try republishing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I am running Lightroom Classic 10.3 with camera
raw 13.3.

It might have auto updated last night since I had this morning a ‘what’s
new’ window pop up. So I tried again and then also with the ‘sorting by
capture time’ but the same result 😕

Any other ideas?
--
Sent from my iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error message strongly indicates that you're tripping over the bug introduced in LR 10.0 with custom order of photos in collections and folders:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-...

While 10.2 fixed that bug, it's possible that bug hasn't completely fixed issues with publishing-service collections.   (The programmer who implemented the change in LR 10.0 was clearly not as skilled as they should have been.) 

A couple of next steps to narrow down the issue and hopefully work around it:

1. Tediously select each published collection, including "Photos", in the WP/LR Sync service and do View > Sort > Capture Time.  Perhaps when you try to publish, the plugin is accessing these other collections.

2. Try creataing a new collection in the publishing service and publishing it.

3. Try creating a new instance of the publishing service with a collection containing a few photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, 

I'm having an error with WP/LRSync. I'm running LRC 12.3, on Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1. 

Following some 2 months of excellent syncing, the WP/LR Sync plug in from MEOW suddenly stopped synching. 

Within LR Publish Services, I get error message on 'Publish':

Can’t update this collection. 

An internal error has occurred: wplr.lrplugin/WPLRSyncExportServiceProvider.lua:661: attempt to compare number with nil

I have noted that on the LR Publishing Manager panel / WP/LR Sync - Authentication Page, my use name is missing in the  statement that follows the line: Token'. It simply says 'Logged in as< space>.' According to Meow, the user name should show.

Plug in provider is MEOW can not find the issue. LR Support cannot find it, having spent some 3 hours in total investigating and changing settings on my PC. Folloing some recommendations from them I have installed LR v12.0. No change.

WP have investigated php error files; nothing found. 

Nothing appears to resolve this error. 

So; can anyone out there show some light on this not so light Lightroom challenge?

Please!

David 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"An internal error has occurred: wplr.lrplugin/WPLRSyncExportServiceProvider.lua:661: attempt to compare number with nil"

It may be a bug in the way LR is invoking the plugin, or it may be a bug in the plugin proper.  But the plugin developer will have to track this down. I'm surprised that Adobe support put any time into this at all -- they aren't equipped to debug issues with particular plugins and they normally invest at most minimal effort in plugin problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi same think : wplr.lrplugin/WPLRSyncExportServiceProvider.lua:664: attempt to compare number with nil"

You have a return ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines