Highlighted

Purchased Lightroom 4 deleted its self and Adobe is forcing me to pay for the monthly subscription

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using lightroom 4 since 2013 but switched to the online subscription in 2018. A few days ago I cancelled my subscription and decided to use my purchased LR4 to make edits and catalog my photos. Thursday night I closed LR4 after updating some photos and chose to also update the catalog. Later I tried opening up LR4 which doesn’t require a sign in because it was purchase but it kept directing me to Adobe sign in page. I eventually found LR 4 short cut in my computer but it’s now asking me to enter a serial number which I can’t find. Now my only option is to pay for the monthly subscription which sucks because I bought it back in 2013. Any Ideas on how I can fix my problem... I really don’t want to go back to the monthly payments.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Purchased Lightroom 4 deleted its self and Adobe is forcing me to pay for the monthly subscription

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using lightroom 4 since 2013 but switched to the online subscription in 2018. A few days ago I cancelled my subscription and decided to use my purchased LR4 to make edits and catalog my photos. Thursday night I closed LR4 after updating some photos and chose to also update the catalog. Later I tried opening up LR4 which doesn’t require a sign in because it was purchase but it kept directing me to Adobe sign in page. I eventually found LR 4 short cut in my computer but it’s now asking me to enter a serial number which I can’t find. Now my only option is to pay for the monthly subscription which sucks because I bought it back in 2013. Any Ideas on how I can fix my problem... I really don’t want to go back to the monthly payments.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some comments-

"Thursday night I closed LR4"  So if it was working then, why do you need a Serial Number now?

"update the catalog"  Which Catalog?  Any Catalog you have ever used with the subscription versions of Lr will NOT be 'backwareds' compatible with Lightroom-4. You will only be able to use a Catalog from before 2018 (Lr4 version) or start anew.

"directing me to Adobe sign in page" The CC Desktop App would be doing this. Only a cleanup of all Adobe software with the CC Cleaner Tool and a re-install of v4 would stop this. BUT be warned- Lr4 may not be compatible with current operating systems. (will not even install on Mac Catalina)

"a serial number which I can’t find" If you ever registered Lr4 with Adobe you might be lucky to find it there.

Serial number - Find

Lightroom-4, released in 2012, is basically dead and gone. 8 years is a long time in 'computer years'. Attempting to go back to v4 will be like "flogging a dead horse".

Nobody is "forcing you to pay". You can choose other alternative software, but Adobe's subscription service is the way of many software companies now and in the future.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0