• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QNAP Round tripping Lr-PS-Lr

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sending a Lr photo to PS. (Lr file is on the NAS) After editing, if I do a Save in PS, I am presented with a Save As dialog, which is not what I want. I want the new tif file to go back to Lr.

This behavior does not occur if the original file is on my iMac's internal SSD. The file round trips as it should.

I have tried AFP and SMB... both exhibt the same behavior. The PS file will not save back to Lr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They usually get saved back to where the original file is located. And usually Lightroom sees this file. If you save into original file loaction, LR does not see the file? You could also syncronize the LR folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a synology NAS which is virtually identical to a QNAP one and just tried this and it works normally. Saved file shows up in Classic correctly. No save as dialog. Simply saves under the -Edit standard name. I would check if the permissions are set right and if you see that you have read and write permissions on the folder the images are in. This is Classic 10.2 on Big Sur. I always use smb to connect to the NAS as it is faster than AFP but it actually doesn't matter.

P.S. I suddenly remember an issue with saving from photoshop to a NAS when the folder names on the NAS had special characters or when the file name has special characters in it. Do your file or folder names have any characters that are non-ASCII? Especially deadly are colons, commas, dollar signs, ampersands and hashes, and diacriticals are problematic too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines