Highlighted

Question about deleting Jpgs on import.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing.. I set my camera up to photograph in square format. (Fuji X100F)  To do this I have to be set to record Jpeg and Raw as the camera will not show me a square if I am not also recording a Jpeg.

In lightroom I have a custom 1:1 import preset which also has a few of my adjustments set, so all files are conformed to 1:1 in the Loup and Develop panels.

I don't need the Jpegs and unfortunately theres no way to view a square aspect in the camera without them..

Is there a way to delete the Jpegs on import ?? without having to sort and select and delete..

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question about deleting Jpgs on import.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing.. I set my camera up to photograph in square format. (Fuji X100F)  To do this I have to be set to record Jpeg and Raw as the camera will not show me a square if I am not also recording a Jpeg.

In lightroom I have a custom 1:1 import preset which also has a few of my adjustments set, so all files are conformed to 1:1 in the Loup and Develop panels.

I don't need the Jpegs and unfortunately theres no way to view a square aspect in the camera without them..

Is there a way to delete the Jpegs on import ?? without having to sort and select and delete..

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to have Lightroom delete the jpgs on import.

The easiest way to do this is to first copy the files from the camera to your computer using the operating system, sort them by file type, and delete the jpgs. Then use the Add option in the import dialog.

This is the method I always use, except that I don't have any jpgs to delete. I also use a card reader, which is faster, safer and less error prone than connecting the camera to the computer.

Alternatively, you can import everything and delete the jpgs in Lightroom, but simple file operations are much slower in Lightroom than in the OS, because the catalog has to be updated constantly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RBCAMERA LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK well I have solved my problem.

Seems in the Import dialogue theres a drop down filter on the bottom that allows you to sort by file type.

So now I can plug in an SD card or Camera

Go to import dialogue, which shows previews of everything.

Select sort by file type,  Click on the first Jpg, hold down shift, scroll and click on the last Jpg.

Then clidk on one of the checks in the selected group and all my Jpgs are deselected.

I can then import all the RAF files with my 1:1 Preset and adjustments,

This is good.   

Still wish there was a way with Fuji cameras to set the screens and OVF to square without having to waste disk space creating unwanted Jpgs.

I guess thats for another forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines