• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about import destination- Issue defaulting to root directories.

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lr Classic (up-to-date version) on a Mac.  In the past when I would import pictures it would open the previous destination used on the right hand side.  That was efficient and helpful.  For quite some time it no longer does this.  Everytime I import photos now it defaults to Macintosh HD directory.  I then have to select Users > My Name > Pictures > ... to the specific location of folders I am working on.  

Is there a way to have the previous destination open- or to automatically go to a different folder location?  For example, I have all of my pictures for this year within a "2020" folder.  If it could default to opening to that folder it would help.  

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a import preset so you can call it up at the time onm import IF the Default location is not set to where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay response.  I just saw this as I didn't get an Email as expected.

In a previous version on the Destination on the right, it used to open automatically to previous import location.  It just helped navigating to the import location much faster.  My folder organization is under each year (e.g. 2020) with folders under there.  So for this year I would be downloading pictures to different folders under 2020 and not always the same folder.  So I don't really want to always default to the same folder. 

I looked up how to do important presents and was confused by where to set that up.

Thanks, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this community screen that asks my question better with a response that it is a bug in Mac version.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/keep-import-folder-structure-for-next-import-open/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should Stil Create an Import Preset that Sets All the options you want to use. And every time you go to import some images Check all the options before you Click the Import button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines