Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Keyword Categories

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first started using LR, I setup my keyworks like this:

Doug (me) (3000 pics) -- category (but also used as keyword)

Sam (child 1) (1000 pics)

Mary (child 2) (2000 pics)

If I want to pull out all of Sam's 1000 photos it is easy, BUT ... here is the problem I created.   I recently tried to pull out all of my photos (DOUG) - but since Doug is the Keyword Category, all photos under DOUG also are pulled in.  So rather than my 3000 DOUG photos, I get all 6000 photos from the DOUG category.

Is there any way to select just the DOUG photos.  Then I can create DOUG.2 inside of DOUG category so future use works better.  Basically a filter that says DOUG but not DOUG:SAM

Thanks

Doug

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you want a "parent" keyword to be something like "Family" and underneath you want Doug, Sam and Mary (and anyone else in your family) all at the same level of the hierarchy under "Family". And then you can easily find photos of your family, or of just Doug, or just Sam, or just Mary, or any combination of those. 

You can re-arrange your keywords into new hierarchies by simply dragging and dropping. Create a Family keyword, then drag Doug into Family, then drag Sam into Family, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines