Highlighted

Question about "Match Total Exposure"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of images that were taken over a period of decreasing light conditions.  I was in manual mode and all settings are the same - only the ambient light changed.  I thought I could use Match Total Exposure to automatically adjust the esposure slider on the individual images to achieve a weighted match of the exposure of the 'most' selected image.  Is this not the case?  I am seeing some posts that indicate this might not be true. When I select the function, the progress bar indicates it is working, but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Question about "Match Total Exposure"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of images that were taken over a period of decreasing light conditions.  I was in manual mode and all settings are the same - only the ambient light changed.  I thought I could use Match Total Exposure to automatically adjust the esposure slider on the individual images to achieve a weighted match of the exposure of the 'most' selected image.  Is this not the case?  I am seeing some posts that indicate this might not be true. When I select the function, the progress bar indicates it is working, but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was only available in Photoshop but i found this video showing solution in LightRoom 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OBP2uFv6i4

Match the exposure or brightness across photos in Lightroom with just a single click. In this video, we'll learn how to maintain a consistent exposure during...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Match Total Exposures] adjusts the exposure value to compensate for variations in camera settings.
It doesn’t adjust for the lighting changing!

So as your camera was set to a 'Manual' fixed setting, the 'Match...' function will not work.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0