Highlighted

question on lightroom download

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

question:  I've already paid for Lightroom and have downloaded it on my laptop.  But My desktop specs. are not compatible, but they tell me I can use Lightroom classic 6.  Do I have to pay again to do that???

I have a Mac computer.

Thanks

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

question on lightroom download

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

question:  I've already paid for Lightroom and have downloaded it on my laptop.  But My desktop specs. are not compatible, but they tell me I can use Lightroom classic 6.  Do I have to pay again to do that???

I have a Mac computer.

Thanks

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is not available for purchase anymore. Adobe does not support it anymore. Tell us about your Mac, what operating system, how much RAM, how big is the hard drive, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gail,

Lightroom 6 was never part of the current subscription system and yes you would have to pay for it. HOWEVER, you'd have a tough time finding anyone who could sell it to you because it's now long out of the market and no longer supported by Adobe.

Also, I have to ask, how would you be expecting to use this? Lightroom-Classic is intended to be used with the image files on a drive (internal or external). That said, you can only work on the same images in the same catalog from one computer. [If you have the images and catalog on an external drive you could unplug that drive and move it to different computers.] If you wish to work on the same images from both a laptop and a desktop computer, you should consider using Lightroom Desktop. However, I do not belive that Lightroom Desktop could be run on your current desktop computer either.

One last comment: if all of your images are on your laptop, please use Time Machine or any other backup software. IF your hard drive should fail, everything goes. Memories should not only be a memory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running MACOS Catalina, then you would not be able to install LR 6 as the installer is 32bit.

If you already have LR 6 on a MAC, running before upgrading to Catalina, then LR 6 will work

If you want to update that LR 6, from say 6.1 to 6.14, then, no, the installer is 32 bit.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines