Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

questions using Lightroom CC classic on Windows and Mac Book Pro

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello together

I have been using Lightroom CC classic or its predecessor version for several years now. I have now installed the latest version on my Windows PC, main workstation and on my Mac Book Pro. Now I have the following questions:

What is the easiest way to transfer my preferences, presets, local adjustments, keyword lists/sentences, export presets etc. to my Mac Book Pro?
Is there a way to synchronize the resets to both devices via cloud?

I still don't use the Adobe Cloud because I don't work with Lightroom CC.

What is the best way to set up Lightroom C classic to edit my photos on my NAS from both devices? What do I need to know about this?

I would be very grateful for your support and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot for your support.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>What is the easiest way to transfer my preferences, presets, local adjustments, keyword lists/sentences, export presets etc. to my Mac Book Pro?

Copy them over using an external hard disk

>Is there a way to synchronize the resets to both devices via cloud?

No. While you can sync presets to the cloud, you can only sync a single Classic installation so this doesn't help between multiple Classic installs. Presets sync between Lightroom Cloudy (used to be called Lightroom CC and is now called Lightroom Desktop. I just call it cloudy as the other names are supremely confusing) installations but that doesn't help you.

>What is the best way to set up Lightroom C classic to edit my photos on my NAS from both devices? What do I need to know about this?

There is no good way to do this. You cannot have your catalog file on the NAS. It simply won't work. You can have all your images on the NAS but then you will have multiple catalogs with non-synchronized edits. In principle you can have your Classic installs write metadata to the files but then you have to be absolutely sure to first read metadata from file each time you open Classic on another machine before doing anything.

Lightroom Cloudy solves all this by syncing all edits through the cloud but Cloudy misses so many features that for most it is not workable. Many use a hybrid solution with one main Classic install, from which you sync a subset of images to the cloud. Note that it will only sync smart previews in this case. Than on other machines and mobile devices you can use Cloudy to make edits. Disadvantage is that you won't have the full raw image available on the other devices but your edits will sync. Also note that keywords won't sync between Cloudy and Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using this solution since LR5. It requires some tech muscle, and isn't for everyone, but it has worked for me:

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/portable-lightroom-catalog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines