• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick collection not working after update Oct 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this? I get this when I try to add a photo to the quick collection.

"?:0: attempt to compare nil with string"

It occured after I did the latest update. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem - clearing Quick Collection - worked initially - now blocked again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the photo thumbnail have an Exclamation mark on it in the grid view?

Show us a screen shot of your LrC window in the Library module.

I moved your post over to the LrC forum which someone else moved from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to the CC Services forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I don't have a solution but I do have the same problem on Lightroom Classc 10.0 release (latest version). I'm using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7, if that makes a difference.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Quick collection set as the target collection? Or, is it possible that you set a different collection as the target collection and that collection is been deleted so now Lightroom doesn't know what collection to add the images to? Just wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also hve the same problem. I am using Lr Classic 10.0. At first the quick collection was working after the update to 10.0, then all of a sudden it does not accept any new images. I can press the B key or drag them over the quick collection but in both cases I get the below popup (part of it is in Italian as that is my set language when using Lr):

Clipboard01.jpg

Tje quick collection is set as the target collection. All other collections work, I can add or remove images from a normal collection without issues, so far only the quick collection is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added 237 images to the Quick Collection that is the Target Collection. No errors. I did about 100 as individual selections and the rest I first selected all of them and then pressed the b key.

I asked this before of the OP. Does the image or images you are trying to add to the Quick Collection have an Exclamation mark on it/them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the images  do not have any exclamation mark, they are in my hard drive and I can successfully add them to normal collections, create virtual copies etc. I had some images in the quick collection before the issue came up and I saved them in a normal collection and erased them from the quick collection. Now the quick collection has got back to working without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Quick Collection heading found in the Catalog section of the Library module left hand side panel have a Plus ( + ) sign to the right of it? If not then it is not marked as the Target Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the images had no exclamation marks on them and the Quick Collection has a (+) sign to the right of it. I was able to get it to work by clearing the Quick Collection.  I moved all photos to a temporary collection and was then able to add photos to the Quick Collection. I then added all the photos that I moved temporarily back to the Quick Collection with no issues. Not sure if it will stay fixed but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I emptied the existing images in my quick collection, which was far below the maximum allowed. Now I can images to the quick collection. So I hope everything is right now!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"?:0: attempt to compare nil with string"

LR 10 has bugs with custom sort order in collections. A workaround that works for most people is to change the sort order of the collection via the menu command View > Sort.   Adobe has acknowledged the bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-... 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines