"Development part" is grey when I open Lightroom

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't edit my photos this morning, the "developement part" is grey on LR. They ask me to buy a licence but I already have a monthly subscription! Please help, I REALLY NEED to work and deliver my photos today to y client. Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you are logged in with the CC App, and don't log out again. You may have a subscription, but you need to be logged in so that Lightroom can check that you do indeed have one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, first think I did, did not work of course...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't edit nor delete my reply. I was saying it's the first thinG I checked this morning, log in:log out, as seen in other topics, didn't work...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Adobe. This is a user-to-user forum, so apart from making some suggestions of things you could try, we cannot help you solve this if these suggestions do not work.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hi, I can't edit my photos this morning, the "developement part" is grey on LR. They ask me to buy a licence but I already have a monthly subscription!"

What is the exact name of the Plan that you have a subscription to? Go to account.adobe.com and report the exact name of the Plan shown there.

Also, which LR are you referring to? Please be specific, use the proper name of the LR and not initials.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated

Sorry I can't edit nor delete my reply. I was saying it's the first thinG I checked this morning, log in:log out, as seen in other topics, didn't work...

Point was to end up signed in, not signed out.

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, if signed out, sign in.

Watch for errors or notes.

That being said, if you had signed out, not signed back in, then the Adobe programs would have been deactivated and LrC would not launch. More likely a subscription issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The develop module behavior sounds more like the software contacted Adobe Servers to authenticate your subscription, and failed. Is your subscription paid?

Bring up /help/system info/ What are the dirst 10 or so lines?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, after a 15mn-wait I had someone on the phone... He sent me an email with a few things to try (again) and guess what? The log in/log out worked this time 🙈 I did it 5 times...
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and patience! I delivered half of my work on time. so it's fine 🙏🏻

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines