• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"DONE" button suddenly gone from main panel when using the tools below Histogram

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to any who might help.  I am not an expert and have tried searching the database but I may not understand exactly what to search for.  For some reason just today, the "DONE" button tab at the bottom of my screen has disappeared when invoking any of the special tools beneath my histogram.  IE- crop, gradient filter, circular filter, magic wand brush...

I am running LR Classic 9.2 on a Mac with Catalina 10.15.3   As far as I know I have not changed any desktop settings and I can't figure out if this was simply removed in a recent update or if I have somehow accidentally turned it off.  Previous to today, when invoking one of those tools there was a button on the bottom of the main window that said done and I could click that to end the tool application.  The tools still function properly and I can click on the tool icon to shut it down and return to normal editing but this seems weird to suddenly happen.   I'm sure it isn't a critical issue but understanding it would help me from accidentally turning something else off.   Thanks in advance to any who might suggest my problem.  🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've turned off your "toolbar". Press T to bring it back. This offers some extra options, for whatever is the current tool.

FYI another way to leave (e.g.) the brush tool, is to click again on the icon used to enter it. Or: I press the Escape key. Also there's a "close" button right at the bottom of the local adjustment settings, in the right side panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard I went in and tried that and it was my problem.  Thank you for explaining that to me.  I feel a bit dim and I appreciate your help in solving my issue.  Won't make that boo boo again.  🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have the same problem. When i go to crop, I don't have the "done" button. The toolbar is not hidden, i press T on and off and the toolbar comes on and off but there is no "done" button on the toolbar anymore. I am hitting "enter" each time after cropping but I really need that "done" button back. Can someone help?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been intentionally removed by Adobe in the last update. See this thread for details, together with details of the various other ways to do the same thing that the "Done" button did: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-done-button-no-longer-available-in-lr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the shortcut key for the tool.

For instance, press M to open the graduated filter, and when you're done, press M again to close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip!  I really appreciate the help and feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes: R is the corresponding key for cropping.

If you press the shortcut key / click the icon of some different tool you'll jump straight over to that (with no need for clicking 'Done'). Repeating the shortcut key / icon-click of the same tool you are already in, returns you to general editing by default (again, with no need for clicking 'Done'). Or clicking the new Edit icon, or pressing Return or Esc, all achieve the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines