• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"no photos in selected folder" unique constraint failed

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have a strange problem.   On of my hard drives is showing up with folders greyed out.

If I right click on any of the folders I get the following message

Database "/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo Raid 1/Lightroom/2016-07-1 1603/Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat": UNIQUE constraint failed: AgLibraryFolder.rootFolder, AgLibraryFolder.pathFromRoot

Statement: UPDATE AgLibraryFolder SET rootFolder = ?,pathFromRoot = ? WHERE id_local = ?; (error code 19)

The puzzling thing is that all of the photos show if I look in "all photographs" at the top of the sidebar.  I can also see all of the photos that I've put into collections.

The drive itself is working fine, and I have another 3 drives which are still behaving themselves with Lightroom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to All Photographs

Right-click on a photo (not a folder) and select Go to Folder in Library. This should cause the folder that contains this photo to be highlighted in the Folder Panel (you might have to scroll up or down to find the highlighted folder).

Does this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that wouldn't work.

In the end I found that the .lrcat file must have been corrupted somehow.

I exported some Collections that I had been working on from the latest catalog, then restarted Lightroom with the previous caked up catalog.

After that I imported the collections, "Import from other catalog" and they appeared.   Just some of the bits and pieces I've been working on are missing, so I'm trying to sort that out now.

Just shows the importance of backing up your catalog regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just mended my broken heart.  Thanks for posting!  Before and after!

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 1.10.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.38.16 AM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have your catalog file on a RAID drive array system. It seems LR, on Mac as far as I recall, has problems with RAID arrays, Sometimes.

That RAID array may also appear like a Networked drive and the LR catalog can't be stored on a networked drive.

I suggest you move the Catalog file onto the internal drive of your Mac and I doubt you will ever have this problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.  It's never happened before, in the last nine years, but there's a first time for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines