• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Parent folder does not allow files to be created"

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are a couple of conversations on this topic - I followed the suggestions in those threads, but to no avail.
I am running the latest (per 18th May 2020) version of Lightroom Classic on a new MacBook Pro 16" running the latest Mac OS.

I recently moved my LR catalogues from a 2015 MacBook 15"to an external drive G-Drive. They opened fine from the G-Drive on the 15" but they won't open on the 16". I have made the permissions Read and Write on the Volumes Info, I have added Lightroom CC to Full Disk Access in the Security and Privacy settings. 
What to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

The previews have not been built for the Library Module to display. If you select a single gray tile in the Library, and then Library->Previews->Build 1:1 previews and wait a few seconds, does the thumbnail appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check the permissions on the FOLDER where your Lightroom Catalog is located, and ensure that this FOLDER has write permission. The permissions on the volume/drive are not the proper permissions to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!! I followed your suggestion and LR has opened the LR catalog. Thank you.

However, all that shows in the Library view now is blank tiles. When I switch to Develop and click on the tile, I see the image.

Is there a way I can see all the images in Library without going into Develop and clicking on each tile?

Many thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previews have not been built for the Library Module to display. If you select a single gray tile in the Library, and then Library->Previews->Build 1:1 previews and wait a few seconds, does the thumbnail appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked around for tips and did the following: quit LR, found the Previews folder and renamed it, then re-opened LR. The Library module is now generating Previews.

All good.

Many thanks for your prompt attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines