• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Please increase file size (1)" error - WHY?!

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always exported my photos from Lightroom at 180k file size limit and 1080x1080, 1920x1080, 1350x1080, etc (for instagram). Last week I took a bunch of photos of my car. Imported them, did some minor editing and CAN NOT get them to export with a file size of 180 or 200k. I've tried manually at 5 Quality and they come out at about 175k but look terrible. Again, size being 1620x1080 or 1920x1080 or 1350x1080 - doesn't matter. Changing dpi doesn't matter, using export presets or default, doesn't matter. Amount of editing/sharpening doesn't matter.. 

I can't understand why I'm getting this error but only on one of my collections. Catalog doesn't seem to matter because I imported newer photos to the same catalog that this collection is in and was able to export them as normal. Same camera, even the same settings on the camera and in the same catalog. Heck, I even used the same editing preset. But I can not for the life of me get these photos of my car to export at under 200k. Can someone please explain this to me?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways to decrease file size:

- reduce the number of pixels

- increase the compression, which lowers the quality.

200k may be pushing the limits of what you want. Lots of detail in the photo makes for difficult compression.

I am normally exporting 800x600 pixels at 80% quality for about 225 KB. What file size do you get if you export your images at 70% quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't understand why I'm getting this error but only on one of my collections."

AT 1:1 Zoom view in the Develop module try adding Luminace Nosie Reduction to reduce any visible noise. Noise will inflate the JPEG file size. If the images do not exhibit any noise it could be That the images in this collection have a lot of fine detail, which will also inflate the JPEG file size. If that's not the case I suggest uploading  a few of the files to Dropbox or other file sharing site and let us have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be of interest and help explain what you're seeing

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/jpeg-quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are the sizes of the file to start with? In both KBs/MBs and Pixel dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines