• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Some import operations were not performed" "An unknown error occurred"

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import files, by adding to an existing catalog, from an external hard drive, I get a pop up box titled: "Some import operations were not performed".  In the error report it says "An unknown error occurred (170)".  I assume the "170" refers to the number of images that are affected not an error code.  This problem only affects some images as others have been successfully imported.  I have checked permissions, as recommended in other posts, even though there isn't a "destination" file when adding images to a catalog.  I did upgrade my computer and operating systems in the last two months, and the problems may have begun around that time.  What am I missing?

Catalina, 10.15.7

Lightroom CC, 10.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not assume, I will just ask fully expecting a stern nope did that

So, on the MAC, outside of LrC, you have brought up System Preferences, selecred Security and Privacy, selected Privacy, scrolled down to Fikes and Folders, and have made sure Lightroom Classic has rights to all media volums?

Removable Volumn usuall culprit

CatalinaFilesandFolderrs.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoldingD, Thanks for the question.  Yes, I did confirm that LRC has access to all those files/folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy one of these files to a different folder (or better yet a different drive), can you import it from there?

If the same photo is still on a camera card, can you import it directly from the camera card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem.  The file names that were not being imported had a "/" in the name.  They are scans that had the same name, which included the /,  followed by a counter.  When I removed that character and re-tried to import, it worked fine.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem with some video files had a similar error.  I did nto have any "/", but I was able to fix it by changing the file type by renaming .mov to .mp4.  Then Lightroom was able to import them without issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude I was struggling with the SAME thing! Thank you so much for posting this and for helping me figure this out, I was losing my mind, thinking I was going to have to delete lightroom or something. I would've never figured that out without this forum, thank you so much for saving my entire batch of wedding photos, lol! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines