• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The lightroom catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because it is too new to be used b

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic by mistake av removed it, then I installed Lightroom 5 that I have the lisens for. When I try to start Lightroom I get this messagwe: "The lightroom catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because it is too new to be used by this version of Lightroom. Would you like to select a different catalog?" What shall I do to avoid this message and be able to start Lightroom 5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the catalog that was created by the newer program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this catalogs: Lightroom Catalog Helper.lrdata, (Filemap)Lightroom Catalog Prewiews.lrdata (filemap) and Lightroom Catalog (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Catalog) (1620 kB) Which one is to remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can Remove all of them. Once you create a New Catalog in LR5 most if not all of them will be recreated so that they work properly with LR5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above.

The upgrade of the catalog was done to a Copy of your original LR5 catalog. So that original LR 5 catalog is still on your system.

Search you hard drive for .lrcat to see how many actual catalogs you have. One of them, if more than 2 and Not In a folder called Backups, is your original catalog. Just double click on it. Then Delete the other or others, that are Not in a folder called Backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install Lightroom on a brand new pc and Lightroom 5 were never installed on the computer. However I installed Lightroom Classic and removed it before I installed Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh then you will either need to get your original catalog from your old computer, if possible, or just start a New catalog with LR5. Then import whatever images you want to the new LR5 catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines